Since I am "Star of the Week" Mrs. Chandler (my teacher) encourages my mom, dad, or grandparent to come into the class. Mrs. Chandler says they can talk about their job, read a book, do a craft, or whatever they want. Since Daddy was at work, Mommy came to class. Mom decided to stay with her Fall theme and make a craft. My friends and I got to make a tree that had Fall leaves on it. We all had a lot of fun making our trees, even though those little pipe cleaners were a little bit tricky for some of us.
I also got to take a book into school today for Mrs. Chandler to read. I wanted to take my Princess Stories book, but Mom said, "No." Mom wouldn't let me because it isn't really a good book to read to a class, because it is simply a collection of lots of different Princess stories broken into lots of different groups. Mom thought I could take a Fall themed book in, but the only good one we could find on the shelf was one that we had already read at school. So...I decided to take into school A Bad Case of Stripes. It just so happens that Mrs. Chandler loves that book and she was really glad that I brought it in. She said it was very appropriate, because we have been talking about lots of colors lately (we are learning to read and write our color words). We even started a new color today, blue. If you haven't ever read A Bad Case of Stripes, so should really check it out. Camilla (the little girl in the book) changes lots of different colors, all because she won't eat lima beans.
So...that was the "Star of the Day" excitement for today. I get to be the "Star" one more day and then it will be someone else's turn. It's been a good week!