Tuesday, October 17, 2006
The Case of the Missing Baby.
I went to Mamaw and Papaw's tonight while Mom and Dad had group. Mom and Dad always come back to get me when Group is over. Mamaw always puts me to bed (since I have school I cannot stay up late) in her bed and then Daddy always carries me to the van and then carries me to bed. I usually stay asleep through all of this with no problem. Well...when Dad and Mom came in Mamaw and Papaw's house tonight, Papaw told Mom about the missing baby problem. I had taken a small baby with me (I had been playing with this baby all day....so it was the choice baby/animal of the day) and now the baby was GONE! Mamaw and Papaw had searched all over their house and came to the conclusion that I hadn't really brought the baby with me. I knew that I had that baby and I wanted it back. I was crying so hard, because I wanted to sleep with THAT baby and nothing else. Mommy and Daddy looked everywhere in the house too and couldn't find it. Mom finally said we would go home and see if we had left it at home (eventhough Mommy was 99 percent sure we had brought that baby with us). Daddy made one more trip through the living room (because that was the last place I remembered having it). Just as we were getting ready to give up the search, Daddy saw something peeking out of the couch cushions. Baby was hiding in the couch in the corner where it was really hard to find her. So...Thankfully I was able to get baby and head home to go to bed. By the time I actually got in bed it was almost 10:00 (2 hours past my bedtime). Mommy said she would let me sleep in a little bit, but I still had to get up for school in the morning.