Finally the weather has cooperated, at least we are hoping. The camper is loaded and as soon as dad gets home from work we are headed to Lincoln Park. We would have liked to of gone to Patoka Lake, but I have T-Ball pictures tomorrow, so Patoka was too far this time.
Well, I got up ready to leave for the woods, but Mom kept telling me that Daddy wouldn't be home until at least 4;30. After she said that I just kept asking, "is it 4;30 yet?". Finally Daddy got home just about 4:30 and then we were off to the woods. Of course it had to rain this afternoon, but the sun was almost out by the time we left, so we didn't care. Rain or no Rain we were heading to the woods.
We got there and went to our favorite site #127. Well, the grass hadn't been mowed on that site, so it was not in real good camping shape, so we decided to look around. We finally decided on site #103. This site was kind of out in the open, but on one else was camping nearby, so we went for it.
We got the camper backed in and then unloaded a little stuff. Then it was time for me to go for a bike ride. Bryce and I rode our bikes down to the lake (Mom and Dad just walked). We stopped to throw rocks for a while, then we had to go back to camp, so Mom could get the inside of the camper set up and Daddy could get a fire going.
What we soon discovered about our campsite was that it was pretty much afterall. We thought we had found a not too muddy spot, but we were wrong. I was really muddy by the time I went to bed, but the mud didn't slow me down.
I was tired, so I headed to bed about 8:30.
Goodnight!
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment